mTx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stats and how they work (non-members section)

Go down

Stats and how they work (non-members section) Empty Stats and how they work (non-members section)

Post  Fae Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:33 am

Stats overview! (Updated to show info in thread)

MAGIC

Magic Boost
Formula: Magic Boost / 12 = % damage increase

Example: My mage has 600 magic boost. 600 / 12 = 50%. Flame harpoon's spell description shows it to do 600 damage base. 600 + 50% = an average of 900 damage.
There is no cap. No matter the circumstance 10 Magic Boost = 0.8% increase in base damage

Specific Elemental Resistance
Formula: resistance / 10 = % damage reduction

Example: I have 100 fire resist and I am hit by a flame harpoon that is meant to do 900 damage. 100 / 10 = 10%. I should be hit by about 810 damage.

Magic Accuracy vs Magic resistance
Formula: (Caster's magic accuracy - target's magic resistance) / 10 = % chance to resist

Example: I have 500 magic accuracy and I cast a flame harpoon on a target with 600 magic resistance. 500 - 600 / 10 = 10% chance for the spell to resist. Please note certain spells have different resist rates (Ice chains for example has an increased chance for the snare effect to be resisted).

Concentration
Formula: ???

As far as I can tell Concentration increases the chance that you will not get interrupted. From experience I have noticed particular mobs being able to break my concentration very easily when they are of an appropriate level. From this we can assume that it works off a similar system to Accuracy vs Evasion or Magic Accuracy vs Resistance. The question still remains on how spells work with this system. Any Sorcerer (and probably other characters with spells) may have noticed that some spells have more *umph* to them by having a greater chance to interrupt. For example chains of ice has never interrupted a spell, but flame harpoon (large damage) has many a time. Perhaps it's based on the damage done? Any findings I would love to know about =P

USELESS MAGIC STATS

Magic Crit
In theory it sounds good, but note that magic does not crit. This stat only effects the auto attack of magical weapons such as books and orbs. Ewww

Magic Attack
Once again, only gives a bonus to magical weapons auto attacks, never ever get this.

PHYSICAL

Crit
This seems to work on a completely different level than the rest of the stats so I'll do this first. It's hard to put a full formula to this stat, and even if you did it would be uselessly too complex so instead here's some findings during testing.

1. from 300 to 440 in Crit Rate, each 10 points increase the probability of landing a critical hit by 1% (440 crit = a 44% chance)
2. from 440 to 600, each each 10 points increase the probability of landing a critical hit by 0,5% (600 crit = a 51% chance)
3. from 600 to 649, each each 10 points increase the probability of landing a critical hit by 0,2% (660 crit = a 53% chance)

So as you can see, Crit has a soft cap where each point is worth half what it was worth before, and another soft cap where it becomes useless. Try not to push this stat too high.

Accuracy vs Avoidance / Block / Parry
Formula: (Attacker's accuracy - target's avoidance / block / parry) / 10 = % chance to avoid attack.

Example: I have 500 accuracy and I attack a target with 600 avoidance. 500 - 600 / 10 = 10% chance for the target to avoid. This is almost exactly the same as magic accuracy / resistance.

Evasion's cap is 30%
Parry's cap is 40%
Block's cap is 50%

A roll is called for each of these each time a hit takes place, in that order. 30% evasion + 40% parry + 50% block means you have a 79% chance to get one of these, not 120%

Physical attack vs Defense
Formula: Attacker's attack - (target's defense / 10) = damage per swing.

Example: I swing at a target with 500 defense, I have 200 attack. 200 - (500 / 10) = 150 hp taken off per swing.

LEVEL DIFFERENCES

When fighting npcs, for ever level above 2 greater than yours your damage is reduced by 10%. 3 levels higher = 10%, 4 levels higher = 20% etc. This is true for both magic and physical.

PVP NUMBERS

Everything remains the same except that level differences are void (I think) and the base damage of all attacks is lowered to 60%. Elemental resists is limited to 600 (or 60%) in pvp.

STATS AND THE POSITIONING SYSTEM
Well first of all lets look at the advantages of the movement system

Moving Backwards
+500 to Parry
+500 to Block
-70% Physical Damage
-40% Movement Speed

Strafing (moving sidewards)
+300 Evasion
-70% Phy Dmg
-20% Movement speed

Ok if you add 300 evasion you are adding 30% to your chance to evade. Remembering that the cap for evasion is 30% this means strafing is useless when you are close to the cap!

Moving backwards is even worse, plus 50% chance to parry actually exceeds the soft cap for parry (40%). While the bonus to block also maxes it (50%).

What does this mean? Against a normal even levelled mob these movement buffs can be almost useless. However if your an assassin with 28% evasion by moving backwards you can also max your parry, meaning your chance to not die is increased dramatically. While if you try to strafe you are not doing yourself any favours.

Enjoy!

[EDITED FOR COMPLETENESS]

Fae

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum